Everyhting Changes, No Matter What

Kaylen - Salisbury, North Carolina
Themes: change

Everything Changes, No Matter What

I believe that everything changes, no matter what. It sounds pretty simple and sometimes it is. Anything can change. People can change, personalities can change, the format of your local newspaper can change. Literally everything can change, and at some point everything will.

There are some people who hate change, but I am one of those people who kind of like it and embrace it when it comes along. I think that I’m so open to change because my world is constantly changing and that’s just how it’s always been. I am constantly changing my style of clothing, my taste in music, and as I develop my opinions on the world those are changing too. It isn’t always me who’s changing though. I notice that my Poppa who has been healthy all his life has survived a heart attack, and developed a bone infection all within the past two months. I have noticed that my cat spends more time outside than she used to. I have noticed that my new favorite show is Jon & Kate Plus Eight instead of What I Like About You, and I have noticed that this year I am dating someone I didn’t even know existed this time last year even though I passed them almost everyday. The changes that go on around us are sometimes so little that we barely notice and don’t give it a single thought, like that its almost spring break and the weathers warmer. But sometimes the changes are so huge, they change you, like a person losing their job, or a death of a loved one.

Our world is constantly moving, and things are always changing. Some people barely notice it and just automatically adjust, while others fight it and try to keep everything like it was. Change happens whether we want it or not, whether we’re ready or not. I think that we have to deal with whatever changes are thrown at us because I think that there is a reason for every change, there may be a lesson to learn, or it just may be what’s best. I believe that everything changes, no matter what.