I Believe in Writing

Mallory - Midlothian, Virginia

Six years ago i walked into my english classroom and started a brand new year. Mr. Longenecker was my teacher and he expressed writing in a different way than i had learned before. Paper after paper we wrote and about half way through the year he came to me and talked about a paper I had written. He said he had noticed how writing came easy to me and that he felt I should be in the honors level for the next year. I gladly accepted that opportunity and continued to succeed in the english classroom. Five years after that day i was leading my journalism class in the right direction when my teacher handed me the editor in cheif position for the following year. It is apparent if a person trys hard at something, someone else will notice. Writing to me is not only a hobby and something i am good at, but it is also an outlet and a way for me to express my feelings. I believe in writing.