I believe in hippies.

Cassie - Beavercreek, Ohio
  • Listen to This I Believe on RadioPublic

This I believe. I believe in hippies. Though I may or may not agree with some of the acts they participated in, I believe in them. They seem to live the happiest lives, they admire nature. Something some people don’t give a second thought about, they didn’t just admire it, they respected it. I think It’s obvious that’s something a majority of our population doesn’t know how to do. Hippies help people out who are in need, I believe if everyone helped one person out a day, even if in a small way, we wouldn’t have so many problems in the world. They didn’t live for money, something some people get so caught up in they can think of nothing else. Forgetting we are on this earth for only a short amount of time, and we can’t get the time we waist back. In my life I’ve watched so many people let money ruin their lives. I can’t help but think how much different their life could be if they would just stop for one second and realize that money is not everything. Money isn’t always there for you, but your happiness will. Money is not happiness. Hippies realized this. I believe that if the world was full of hippies, despite the outbreak of STDs, this world would be a much better place, people would appreciate life more, and not take it for grantet. This I belive.