I Believe in You

Robert - Beavercreek, Ohio
Themes: hope

I believe that this I believe should not end. The This I Believe contest has been around for ages and has helped many people come to a realization with them self. This I Believe is more than just another writing contest it is a way for people of all ages, races and genders to spread their beliefs and their stories. While in creative writing I heard an amazing story about a lady who was raped but convicted the wrong man and now they are becoming friends. I don’t understand how that could happen but they are living proof. This story touched me by making me feel that no matter how big or small a mistake I have the power to forgive. Now without the This I Believe contest I would never have heard of such a touching story. And so it is that I believe that This I Believe should not close down but should be around for the children of the future so they can hear about our struggles and our triumphs.