The Power of Belief

Cody - Beavercreek, Ohio
  • Listen to This I Believe on RadioPublic

I believe in the power of belief. Take a look at the world around you. What do you see? Some people would say buildings, roads, and cars. Others would say war, death, and destruction. Still others would say love, friendship, and kindness. All of these exist in this world, but ask your self why. It is because of belief.

The people fighting in the wars fight them because they believe the wars should be fought, for one reason or another. The men who invented cars, and built roads and buildings did so because they believed it would make the world a better place, or that it would make them rich. The people who spread love and kindness, as well as those who spread death and destruction, believe that is what the world deserves, or that an all knowing god wishes it.

All of these people believe in something, and because of their beliefs they change the world around them. They live and grow, and in some cases, they die because of what they believe, whether that be to save another, to prove a point, or simply because they believe there is nothing left for them in this world. Everyone believes in something. What do you believe in?