I believe in living not only for youreelf, but for others.

MacKenzie - Albemarle, North Carolina

Less than a year before the accident, I had the privilege of meeting Tiffany Cress at a Pfeiffer basketball camp. A few members of her team were talking about how bad the other players were; Tiffany immediately put a stop to it. Later that week I ran into her at the drink machine, we began to talk about the teams we had went up against and found out that our teams were to be matched up that afternoon. A few weeks later, I received a friend request from her on MySpace and I didn’t hesitate to accept it. We began to talk every basketball season about our team stats, our playing time, and anything else that was related to the sport. A small number of months later, everything changed.

July 21st 2007 started like any other Sunday morning in my house. I awoke to the normal breakfast of strawberry muffins, I showered, and my family piled in the car for church. Because I had been grounded for close to three months, I was excited to get my cell phone back from my parents, and regain my computer privileges. After reading a few messages on MySpace I began to get confused, for more than half of them consisted of “Call me A.S.A.P” or “Have you heard yet?” It was then that I opened a friend’s page only to find a new addition to her “Heroes” section, it read, “Tiffany and Alex Cress, may you rest in peace.”

Early that morning, the Cress family was on their way to Disney world when the driver of the vehicle over corrected; the car hit the median and rolled into oncoming traffic. Fourteen year old Tiffany and her eight year old brother Alex were ejected from the car. They died on the scene.

Not one person has a negative thing to say about Tiffany. She was beyond caring, she was selfless. She spent every moment of her life making others happy and didn’t stop once to think of herself. Because of her, I believe that you should live life not only for yourself, but for others. By living the life that Tiffany once lived, you not only make others feel rewarded, but you are also content. Although it may not always be a physical reward, there is no better feeling than knowing that you’ve given another human being a reason to smile.