Nieces and Nephews

Dustin - Sonora, Texas

Nieces and Nephews

By: Dustin

When my niece Nevaeh was born it was the day after school ended my 8th grade year. I was so excited that I couldn’t wait to see her after she was born. When I first held her it felt weird to me because I never knew how it felt to have something so fragile in my hands. It felt so amazing because she looked up at me and smiled. That made me feel so good even though my day wasn’t going very well. When she did that my day got better in the instance I held her.

Every day since then she has made my life better even when I’m in a bad mood. I just have to see her and I’ll be happy the instance I walk in to my door.

Just two weeks ago I was having a really bad day at school and I went home and there she was and that made me feel a little better until later that day she said “Bubba” which is my name to my family. That made me feel so great because that was one of the first words she ever said to anyone even today my life is filled with new adventures every time I see her.

Then there is little Daniel my nephew who is funny because he is always so energetic all the time no matter what mood his mom (my sister) is in. The funny thing about him is that he never cries. He just sits there and screams because he is mad.

This one time I was just sitting there playing Madden 09 and just all of a sudden he starts yelling at me “I was like what baby D he didn’t say anything he just kept screaming” Later on I found out that even though he is little he likes to watch football. My sister told me that I said “Are you serious she was like yes his dad and I are always watching football with him especially the Dallas Cowboys.” I was amazed. Everyday since he has always been a source of fun and excitement every time I see him.

Now my life revolves around going home and seeing both of them . I believe everyone should have a niece or nephew that can make someone smile with a blink of an eye. Take it from me my life had hardly little excitement till my sisters had my niece and nephew. I thank God for that every day because every day is a blessing with them.