What I Know

Peter - Ridgefield, Washington
  • Listen to This I Believe on RadioPublic

I think that people like what they do because other wise they wouldn’t be doing it. My grandpa really taught me what I wanted to do for the rest of my life because it is something that I have been interested in since I was a little kid. That is automotive like working on cars and motors and stuff. When I was 8 years old I got my first dirt bike and that was the first thing I learned to work on. My dad taught me at that age like his dad taught him when he was young. When I was about 10 or 11 I started working almost every day with my grandpa in his shop because he had just gotten cancer, and I wanted to spend more time with him. My grandpa and I worked on a old truck together and rebuilt things and that is where I learned a lot of what I know. And what I know is what I am going to use when I am older, because I have what I am going to do after high school and that is what my grandpa and my dad taught me, and I am going to pursue that dream. That is what I wanted to do since I was a little kid and what my dad and grandpa taught me will take me real far.