Let’s Be Friends

Mackenzie - Bryant, Arkansas
  • Listen to This I Believe on RadioPublic

I believe in friendship. I believe that they are most important next to God and your parents. I believe that they determine if you will have a good or bad day depending on how your friends feel. You can also determine how your friends day goes. This is what I believe.

When I was in fourth grade I had a friend who never seemed to be in a pleasant mood. She was wither depressed, angry, and rarely in a good mood. She was still my friend though, because when she was happy or excited, we had the best time of our lives. I started to see myself become more and more like her. It she was excited about something, I was too. If she was not happy about something, I wasn’t happy either. I started to distance myself from her. I wasn’t upset about it, but I missed our friendship.

In sixth grade, I was friends with a girl who no matter what, she was a happy camper. As in fourth grade, her attitude was rubbing off on me, but this time it was in a positive way. I was becoming a happier and more fun person to be around.

Ecclesiastes 4:10 says, “Pity the man that falls and has no friends to help him up.” If you have no friends to help you when you fall, then you are truly poor; if you have one or more friends to help you when you stumble, then you are rich.

From my experiences in life, I have learned that true friends are the ones who always know whats wrong before you even say a word. Finding a true friend is more complicated that going into a room and just picking the first person you see. It takes time and experiences to find your special person who will always be with you through anything, make you laugh when you are bitter, and no matter what always support you.

I have found my one true friend. She helps me when I need help. She comforts me when I need comfort. She makes me laugh when I need to laugh. She makes me smile when I cant. I believe your friends are the most important part of your life while you are growing up. I believe, in friendship.