Francis - Benton, Arkansas

Humor in this World

No one can live without some humor in life. Humor is what makes life less dull. I don’t know what I will do without humor. Humor helps me feel better in the worst scenarios.

When I was in third grade, I had an accident playing soccer. I was outside during P.E. playing soccer with my class. I was talking to my friend and wasn’t really paying attention to my surroundings. I spotted some of my teammates running so I decided to run along with them. The next thing I knew, the ball bashed against the side of my foot forcing it to go behind my other foot. I just tumbled across the field tears rolling down my face, blood gushing out of my arm. I was in so much pain I could barely open my eyes. Everyone was crowding around me looking at my arms. My friends started to cheer me up by making jokes. The next thing I knew I began laughing instead of crying. I forgot about the horrific pain in my arm. When I stood up my arm was hurting, but it wasn’t as bad as before. I don’t know what I would’ve done if my friends weren’t there with their refreshing sense of humor.

Humor helped ease the pain and gave me happiness when I was gloomy or hurt. It can help just about anyone. I think it can even cure the most distressing situations. I seem to consider most things funny in the strangest situations. Every time I get in trouble I always find it humorous, and often have to pinch myself so I won’t give out a giggle or smile. Even though it’s bad to laugh in those situations, it lightens the mood and helps ease the tension that I have. Everyone loves to laugh and would die without the humor in this world. I believe it fills the empty holes in our hearts. I don’t care what anyone else feels about humor; all I know is that I need it in my life. People have many things to turn to in their time of need, I turn to humor.