Follow your heart

Bailey - Ridgefield, Washington
  • Listen to This I Believe on RadioPublic

Follow your heart

I believe that everyone should do what their heart loves to do and what makes their heart sing.

I am a horse rider, I show and ride horses. I do it because my heart desires it and its what I love to do. I never do what I have to do, but what I want to do. I have been riding since I was five, I have fallen, made mistakes, made a complete fool of myself, but I never stop. It’s what makes me happy.

I think those who do what they think others want them to do are people pleasers. They want to look good in others eyes. I want to look in the mirror and be happy with what I see.

I don’t think full happiness can be reached unless you’re doing what you love, and making your heart happy. Doing what you love gives you something to look forward to. A goal to strive for and to try to reach with that dream.

I don’t care how I look in another’s eyes. It’s not important unless I’m completely happy with what I see looking at myself.

Historically the American Dream has been defined by how you live. I define it as what you’re doing in life, what your loves and hobbies are. A house and a family don’t matter much when you’re unhappy with what you’re doing in life.

I think my horses have shaped the way I believe. They inspire me to keep going and never stop. Giving up becomes simply not an option when your heart is so happy and filled with joy.