I Believe in Confidence

Sarah - Ridgefield, Washington
  • Listen to This I Believe on RadioPublic

I Believe in Confidence

To be able to believe, I believe that you must first be able to believe in yourself. Having self-confidence is key in life. To have a dream, but not have enough commitment in yourself to make your dream come true might hurt a lot of people. I myself have little self-confidence. Though, I have enough to get by. I have dreams. I try to make them come true. But I know that later in life, when there is something that I really want, something that requires a lot of confidence, I might not be able to pull through. I admire, perhaps even envy, everyone with a great amount of self confidence.

The people I am around everyday. Family, schoolmates, but mostly friends. A lot of my friends have a wealth of self confidence, and I know I can always turn to them for more in myself. They have so much, it amazes me. No matter what people think or say, my friends are able to blow it off and move on. Knowing they are better than petty rumors. I wish to be like that. I wish to be able to take big chances, do big things.

I believe that confidence comes with a lot of responsibility. You have to be able to pick up after your actions. If you are too confident, you might make a big mistake. If you are not confident enough, you might be missing out on the great things life has to offer you. I believe that I need to keep going, even after I think I can’t. I need to be responsible for my actions, no matter how I feel after. I need to control my attitude, or else it will control me. With confidence, I can do something in an instant, that will last a lifetime, no matter what the heartache.