I Believe IN Laughing Until It Hurts

Jennifer - mt. sterling, Kentucky

I Believe In Laughing Until It Hurts

Do you ever remember a time in your life where you just laughed and laughed and laughed until it hurt terribly? I would say that most of us have shared that experience with someone in their lives. If you haven’t, you are missing out on something very amazing! Laughing is a very well-needed stress reliever even when you aren’t having a good day.

One of my experiences with laughing until it hurts is when I was about four or five years old. I went to Tar Ridge Church of God with one of my best friends in the world and we always had a good time. One day, we were in the teens Sunday-School room during one of the church services. We were having the best time of our lives in that room. Our mom’s gave us those lunch packages with cheese, crackers, and turkey; we also had drinks. Cassie decided to make a sandwich, she said “Here is my cheese and cracker sandwich!” then CRUNCH!!! crackers went everywhere! It was such a mess; we did not know how to control our laughter at all. Right when I had a huge drink in my mouth. It was absolutely hilarious! It was one of those times when you are trying to be quiet and it only seems to make you laugh harder. Then her mom came in and told us to be quiet. Even though that happened; it was still amazing!

That day, we really experienced TRUE joy and appreciation for each other- a special bond. To this day, this is one of our fondest memories!!

To this day, that is why I believe in laughing until it hurts. One of my former pastors said that laughing fifteen minutes a day will help keep depression off of your back. Man, was he right! I believe in laughing until it hurts because each and every time you laugh-you discover something new about yourself. I found out that I am extremely comfortable with myself around other people and I didn’t used to be like that. So laugh. You never know what you will discover about yourself and your life!!!

-Life is worth living and loving!