All you need is insperation

Dylan - new jersey, New Jersey

When I was in third grade my dad told me that I could be anybody I wanted to be. That one sentence had changed my whole life so far.

A few months later I got into music what was a very good choice. My brother also liked music and that was very important, because he was my big brother. He liked the band Led Zeppelin. I was mostly focused on the drummer in the band. His name was John Bonham. I learned some drumming techniques from him by watching Led Zeppelin DVDs, that we had.

My parents saw that I liked drumming so they gave me a beginner’s drum kit. It wasn’t much but it was my first drum set. My brother taught me some skills. He was five years older than me so I tried to do everything he did. He and my dad influenced me into liking music.

When I started taking drum lessons I really got good at the drums. I was the best in my grade. My music teacher in elementary saw my skills and put me into a band that I would regionally have to wait one more year for. I always kept the beat and never felt intimidated by the audience.

When I was in fifth grade, I was in a band and prepared hard for the talent show. When the day finally came for the show, I was exited to perform. Our band was the best performance there. Everyone liked us.