Friendly Sorrows

Jesse - Wrightstown, New Jersey
  • Listen to This I Believe on RadioPublic

Friendly Sorrows

Have you ever done something that made you lose a friend? Has it made you feel regret? I have.

The problem started when my friend and I got in argument with my best friend Lizzy. It was the loudest, longest, and most violent arguments we’ve ever had and it was over a stupid reason. Another kid said that I don’t deserve a friend like her so I hit them. This is what got us in a fight because she decided to stand up for that kid. The two of us screamed at each other and it was all because of a stupid lie.

This was one of the biggest regrets in my life, and a horrible time. It made me feel a lot of different emotions. I was angry at myself for even arguing over such a dumb thing and I wish I had stopped right after we started. I also felt sad because we had never argued like this before. I was so regretful from this because we didn’t talk to each other for awhile after that. Hatred was one of my other massive feelings because I was so mad at the person who made us start the argument I don’t know what I would’ve done.

Now I realize that I was stupid for even saying things like that and fighting with my best friend in the whole world. This event changed my life in many ways. I now watch what I say and I try to never fight with my friends. I also realized that getting back your friends is a hard task but when you finally get them back it is well worth it. I had gotten my friend back after many days of apologizing and saying sorry. When I finally got them back it was one of my favorite days ever.

This has made me a whole different and new person. This incident had made me a kinder nicer kid who keeps his friends even closer than his enemies. Now I try to make a lot more friends and be a better-rounded person. I make all the friends I can while still keeping the other ones. Now I learned to have more fun with my friends and make sure they are all happy and never mad.

I lost a friend once and I’m never going to do that again. It was one of the biggest mistakes ever and I never want it to happen again.