My Family

Ashley - Menasha, Wisconsin
  • Listen to This I Believe on RadioPublic

Family

I think family is the most important thing in every one’s life.

Well, at least it is too me. I have a great family. I am the youngest child in my family. I have two older brothers and one older sister.

My older brother, Jason and I we get along really well. We tell each other things before we even tell our parents. I think we are like this, because when I was 8 he was 18. Then he left to go to the marines, so I didn’t get to see him a lot when I was little. This was very hard for me, because I wanted to have my big brother there for me.

My sister, Chandra, and I are like best friends. We do a lot of things together and I love her to death. We are about nine years apart, so just like my brother I didn’t get to see her a lot. It was kind of like I didn’t have a big sister to teach me everything a sister is supposed to teach their little sister. When I graduated I decided to go to a school that was close to her, so I could see her more often. She actually let me live with her my first year of college. It was great it was like having a big sister again.

My brother, Nathan was only 4 year older than I was, so he was there for me when I needed him. We didn’t get along very well, but I was always there for him. Through watching him wrestling in tournaments or just sitting down and playing a game of cards to pass the time. He didn’t show me that he cares about me like I showed him, but I know deep down he really cares and loves me.

My parents are the best people in the whole world. Even though they are fading apart and thinking of getting a separation. It doesn’t bother me. Maybe when I was little it would of have, but I love them equally and if they are happier without each other I will be there for them. I think if the love is gone they shouldn’t put themselves through a life of hurt.

As you see I don’t have the perfect family, but every family has problems. They just have to work the problems out.

Family is the most important part of my life and I truly believe it should be in everyone’s life.