S.T.A.R player

Aaliyah - Lake Jackson, Texas
Themes: sports
  • Listen to This I Believe on RadioPublic

I believe in being a s.t.a.r player. A star player is someone with sportsmanship, teamwork, good attitude, and respect. Sportsmanship is about playing hard, respecting you opponents, and listening to your coaches, and leaders. A teammate is someone who is selfless and always supportive whether the team is winning or losing. I believe maintaining a positive attitude is the most important. Being able to handle adversity helps prepare you for though times on and off the court. Treat people as you want to be treated. Respect your coaches, officials, leaders, opponents and you will earn the respect of everyone around you. I believe that having these qualities have helped me get through most of my life. I am now 14 years old in the 9th grade. Ever since I was 3 years old I have developed a love for basketball. At the age of 10 my dad started putting me through “training sessions” to prepare me for my career in basketball. Through the training sessions and different camps around the U.S I have learned the importance of having sportsmanship, teamwork, a good attitude, and respect. I believe that the s.t.a.r qualities are responsible for me being an A student in the classroom. Having good sportsmanship towards my fellow classmates, and good teamwork when working in groups doing projects and etc. and has helped me become a very good student athlete. A good attitude and respect towards my teachers and my grades also have helped me enjoy school. I believe that having s.t.a.r qualities can help you go far in life! With the proper training and discipline form within yourself your goals can be meet. “If you can strut and you can gallop, if you can run you can spring. If you can soar you can flutter, if you can swim you can swing.” R.B Seder. Take a bow and smile, you twinkle like a star! Take a bow and shine, a star is what you are! Remember sportsmanship, teamwork, attitude, and respect!