This i believe

Jeremy - denver, Colorado
Themes: carpe diem
  • Listen to This I Believe on RadioPublic

I believe that you must to live your life to the fullest. You have to try to do everything you want and never look back on something. I don’t want to be 80 and look back on my life saying only if I did this or didn’t do that.

I try to always have fun and I don’t try to look back on things. Some might challenge my way of priories, some say that school, family, and sports come first over everything else. I beg to differ. I say that if I have to skip a home assignment to do something fun and entertaining I would do that instead. On the flip side I sometimes chose to do my homework over hanging out with people. Whatever mood I’m in determents what I do.

This weekend, for example, I chose to hang out with some friends, instead of studying. I wanted to hang out not study, so I did. Then the next day I took it and got an 80. I know I could have done better; I thought about for five minutes and then put it behind me. I discovered this when I was ten. I was the first time I ever didn’t do my homework. I thought I was going to die the next day, but I didn’t get in much trouble. I was glad I skipped it, because it was the first time I ever went to a pro hockey game, and it was way worth it. It was more fun than math and it wouldn’t hurt to do it more often.

When I don’t do something and they ask me why, all I say is I don’t know, I didn’t feel like it. And when they look at me funny I say I was trying to make myself happy and living my life to the fullest.