That people dont change.

Savannah - West Columbia, Texas
Themes: addiction

I believe that people don’t change. Ever since I was little, people have told me, ” Savannah, you have to give people a second chance, people do change.” When i was little i did believe that people could change, but when I grew up and took a look at reality i noticed that most people don’t change.

I have a aunt, her name is Christine, she is a drug addict. Growing up i never knew her, and no one in the family talked much about her. She ran off when she was in her late 20’s and left her two sons. When i was in 5th grade I got to meet her for the first time in my life. Aunt Christine had come back to the family for the first time in 11 years. We were all so happy to see her. She said she was clean and coming clean was the best thing that had ever happened to her. She had also gotten married and was expecting a baby boy. Before we knew it she had started hanging out with the wrong group and doing drugs again. My uncle’s company insurance would pay for her to go to rehab, but every time he would try to take her she didn’t want to go and would say she would go tomorrow. Then one day she ran off and left. Aunt Christine left my uncle with a 6 month old baby boy. Now her little boy just turned 2 years old and she still hasn’t been back. My uncle is doing a great job raising my little baby cousin all by his self. No one knows where my aunt is or where we can find her.

I believe that people don’t chang. I believe people don’t change because my aunt Christine told me never to do drugs and that she would never do drugs again. However, once she started hanging around the same type of people that she did before, her same old habits came back.

I believe that people don’t change. They can change for a little while, but people sooner of later go back to who they really are. Wether it’s because of stress, peer pressure, depression, or even some one talkung about it or doing it. I believe people dont change.