Our Planet Can Be Saved

Kaitlin - Vancouver, Washington
Themes: environment, hope
  • Listen to This I Believe on RadioPublic

This I believe our planet can be saved. Every one can help by just doing the little things. All my life I have grown up as a privileged child. At age three I had a stero, at age 5 I had a computer. All these things use lots of energy. Just last year I got a T.V in my room. I felt really lucky, but then started to feel bad because I would be using even more energy. Then I saw the energy star. That meant I was saving energy! Ever since then I have been working to save our planet. Every couple of months I plant a tree. I turn of the lights and keep the heater on low. I do every thing I can. I know there are many programs that help the world and the cute little animals. I hope to join many of them when I grow older. But for now I can only help with what I can. That doesn’t mean I’ll stop. I’ll paint posters and sell them; I’ll do lemonade stands and donate most of the money to those programs. I hope that many people choose to help our world. I have always been a spoiled child but now I can make a difference. This I believe our planet can be saved.