People with disabilities and severe sicknesses can still make it big.

Andrew - USA
Themes: disability
  • Listen to This I Believe on RadioPublic

Now, I don’t have disabilities or a severe sickness myself, but I do know many that do. Many of my friends have asthma and use an inhaler before many activities to reduce the chance of an asthma attack. I believe that these people along with others who have mental illness and severe diseases can still make it big.

Celebrities that may come to mind with a severe sickness or a disability are Bill Gates, Magic Johnson, Lance Armstrong, etc. But I am here to tell you about another celebrity, Jay Cutler. Jay Cutler is the quarterback for the Denver Broncos. He went to the University of Vanderbilt and majored in human and organizational development. At Vanderbilt he was a 4-year starter and a 3-year captain.

Everything seemed to be going well as he went in the first round of the NFL draft and had won the starting position bad news had come, he had type 1 diabetes, which is the worst kind but also very treatable.

Now Jay Cutler has not had diabetes his whole life but many people have and have still made it big. That is why I believe that people with disabilities and severe sicknesses can still make it big one day.