In His Footsteps

Diana - Rockaway Beach, Missouri

During my lunch break at work one day, I ran to the UPS store to mail off a package to my daughter. I was experiencing with a sinus headache that morning so I wasn’t really feeling my normal self. As I returned to work, I failed to put my purse in my drawer for safekeeping. I went on about my normal routine at work and did not think another minute of it. Upon leaving for the day, I could not locate my purse. With the headache I had, I just couldn’t think of where I had stored my purse. I went out to check my car and looked some more in my work area. I was encouraged to contact the local police department in which I did. After giving my report, I went outside the facility to see if maybe whoever took my purse took whatever they wanted and discarded the remaining things. I did a lot of talking to the Lord at that time. By the time I got home, I had contacted the credit card companies and it was reported that someone had tried numerous times to use a card to get money from an ATM machine in which they failed each time. I contacted the bank and cancelled my checking account that day. This happened on a Tuesday and by Wednesday evening following church; I received a call from a police officer that an arrest was made in which my purse had been found along with other items. I had to go in and identify my purse. The majority of my things had been discarded but the checkbook along with my credit cards and other items were still there. I was just thankful that these individuals were apprehended. Needless to say, I still had to take care of some business following this arrest because a check had been used to make a purchase at a discount store. I was contacted by an official from the store and was informed that I would have to make good on the check since it was being returned with insufficient funds. To show that I wasn’t the one responsible for writing this check I had to present a police report to them.

I was given the opportunity to share my feelings about the crime against me and was given permission to give him a book entitled, “In His Steps”, by Charles Sheldon.

I love the message of this book and use it as a ministry tool when the need arises.