Fuchsia Bomb

Maranda - Lexington, Kentucky

I believe in crazy hair. Make it big, bold and colorful. Why must all people be doomed with plain brown, red, black or blonde? Well not me! I have been on the ordinary path for too long. It is time to shine, and shine my hair will. I have begun a new chapter in my life. I am venturing out, leaving the mundane behind, ready to let my creative side play. Some think these colors are a cry for attention from a darkened soul. And it is they who frown at my fuchsia locks, mock the midnight blue and shy away from sea foam. My soul is far from darkened. This is far from a cry for help. These vibrant colors complete my daily smile and exuberant outlook on life. I have had my gloomy moments, but it is those very moments that help make my bright hair brighter, exciting days more exciting. My hair is a form of meditation, allowing me to play as though I were a child again. I look forward to creating new dos, even to the challenge of ensuring my clothes don’t clash with the ‘color of the month.’ Through my hair I celebrate holidays, seasons, and illustrious femininity. I celebrate life. Now, I smile every time I pass a mirror. I see people look at me and I notice that they can’t resist; they have to smile. My dad felt I should have grown out of this urge years ago. But, despite himself, he laughed for a week after the debut of the fuchsia bomb. I don’t search for new colors in attempts to entertain and amuse others, but I love the enjoyment that I inadvertently bring. I am simply allowing my personality to be seen by the rest of the world and doing my best to ensure that everyday is as bright as it can possibly be. I have been called Skittles, Rainbow Brite … a match. And you know what, I am honored to be in the company of the sweet, cheerful and radiant. My hair and I welcome the joys of brightening every space possible.