Family

madelane - vancouver, Washington
  • Listen to This I Believe on RadioPublic

This I believe in family.Family is so important that we dont notice it untill its gone.I believe we should charrish the moments that we spend with our family because you never know when it will be your last.Like Febuary 6th,2005 when i lost my Grandma,my best friend my hero.Instead of spending every last second with her i was out buying clothes with my Dad that I didnt even need.Two hours later i came home my mom was waiting for me on the couch you could tell she had been crying but i didn’t think any thing of it,when my Dad left my mom invited me to sit down then i knew something was wrong.My Mom told me the news that broke my heart.A few weeks before my Grandma was diagnosed with collen cancer.I believe in this poem because I think it matches her.God saw her getting tired and a cure was not to be so he put his arms around her and whispered “Come With Me”.With tearfull eyes we watched her suffer and saw her fade away even though we love her dearly we could not make her stay.A golden heart stoped beeting hard working hands to rest.God broke our hearts to prove to us he only takes the best.This I believe in family.