heather - mineola, Texas

How many people do you know that can actually tell you everything about themselves? Tell you their emotions and who they really? I can’t; I didn’t know really that much about myself until now, but pretty much, now that I think about it, it all makes sense.

Now I know myself a little better. One thing I know is that I am insecure. I always think people are out to get me; I’m afraid that If I get to close to someone, their just going to hurt me.

I’ve grown up with people judging me before they get to know me. They try to hurt my feelings, going to school u have all the preps, the jocks and all the other people who think their better then everyone one else. They make fun of people like me; you know the ones that aren’t all that great looking. I’ve been called ugly, fat, all kinds of mean things, and they just don’t understand how that makes people feel. Because of them I have no confidence in myself.

There is this song that, when I listen to it, it helps me not to feel alone. It makes me think that I’m not the only person who feels insecure about myself. The song “Breakdown,” by Seether does that for me. These lyrics make me feel better about myself. Sometimes, I think that I was meant to hear:

“Break me down if it makes you feel right

And hate me now if it keeps you all right

You can break me down if it takes all your might.

‘Cause im so much more than meets the eye.”

I just love these words. If people wouldn’t judge others before they get to know them, maybe it would help other insecure people like me to feel better about themselves. I think we would have fewer people committing suicide and other terrible things, if we just didn’t judge. It hurts; it makes us feel worthless and insecure. So the saying, “Don’t judge a book by its cover”, really is true, because people shouldn’t be judged by how someone looks of even dresses.