Change

Dustin - Holton, Kansas
Themes: change

Change

I believe that change may be good. When I was 6 my parents got a divorce and at the time I didn’t know how to react. So I said “why” and like all parents do they tell you that they just don’t have the same feelings as they used to. So a few years after my parents divorced my mom got married again, and this time I didn’t want to except that she did. And so I never treated my step dad as if he was my real dad.

When I was about eight they decided that we would move to Holton Kansas. So a month later we moved to Kansas. And I didn’t like that we did because I thought that I would never make any friends. But it ends up the first day I started school that I made a few friends. And when I was in fifth grade my parents signed me up for flag football, which I had never ever thought that I would play. So every day I went to practice on one of Holton’s baseball fields. And I’m glad that my parents did that because I made a few more friends on that team. So then after that was over my parents also decided to sign me up for optimist basketball, which I had never played before. Which it ends up that I got the same coach that was my flag football coach. So I had already known them a little bit.

So then after I started to make a lot more friends. And when I got into 7th grade my friends convinced me to play football. Which helped me make tons more friends. Because that sport was the major sport in Holton. So since then I have played football all the way up to freshman year so far and I think that I will play all the way through high school and on to college if I get the chance. And almost every guy played football. So now that I have lived in Kansas for seven years now I have realized that if I had moved out here I would still have the same old boring life that every other American kid has. I have also realized that since I have moved out here I have changed and tried many different things that I think I would have never tired like football or any other sport besides soccer. So the thing that I believe in is change may be good.