Honesty is the Best Policy

McClain - Holton, Kansas
Themes: integrity

I believe in honesty. Honesty is the quality to be free of deceit and untruthfulness. There are many reasons I believe in honesty. The first reason is honesty is one of the best things to have because with out honesty you will not get friends, you will not get a job, and you will not be trusted.

Many people think “Honesty is the best policy”, I am one of those people. I agree with this statement because honesty is needed for many things, and that’s why I use honesty on a daily basis. I try and do my best in everything I do and that makes me honest within myself.

Honesty is needed in many career fields, such as Law enforcement, Medical, Teaching, Government, and Religious career fields. My mom and dad both have to be honest in their careers. My dad is a State Trooper, and my mom is a nurse. If they were not honest they could lose their jobs or hurt many people. A lot of people lose their jobs because they are not honest, I do not want to be one of these people. In all the careers I have thought about, you need to be honest or you will not get the job. There are a lot of business people in the news who are in jail or have been in trouble for stealing money from their companies and being dishonest.

I also believe in honesty because, honesty is a strong value that is often learned at home. It is much easier to tell a lie than it is to be honest about something. People who are honest with each other and themselves make better friends and family members than people who chose to not be honest.

Another reason I believe in honesty, is that with being honest a person develops more pride in themselves and the things they do. An honest person who gives one hundred percent in everything they do can be proud to say they did it. I am also one of those people because I give one hundred percent in everything I try and do.

I am an honest person and that’s why I believe I have good friends. My friends are all honest people also. If I didn’t have honest friends I am sure I wouldn’t be as honest. When people hang out with other people who are not honest they sometimes give in to peer pressure and do things such as steal and cheat, which causes them to get into trouble.

Truthfulness and respect go with being honest. All of these things are strong values and qualities that people should have. I believe being honest will take you farther in life than taking the easy way out and not telling the truth or being disrespectful.

I have been taught honesty, respect, and truthfulness all my life. Wherever I am at, my parents always tell me to be respectful to others. Whenever I do something wrong I have been taught to always be honest or truthful and own up to what it was. Lying is easy, sometimes being honest is hard. Without honesty I would not be who I am today.