Thinking…

Kai - Portland, Maine

I would like to say that I have been all over this world, seen everything there is, and have all the answers. But I don’t, I am very young and if anything I have no answers and have seen very little. Yet I can’t help but think that there are some incredibly arrogant, ignorant, and stupid people in this world. Many of whom I love and are very close to me. I want to be able to live like them but I just can’t. I refuse to believe that where I am now is the only place in the world. I can’t because if that is the case what are we living for? If all there is for me in this life is “weekends” and work in a limited town, then what is wrong with us! But I know there is more, and there are more places like this and there are a few places that people are fighting for their lives, where they live on little to nothing, where children are abandoned and face malnutrition. Where every day is a struggle. A struggle unknown in this part of the world and they are crying out for help and I cannot ignore their cries. They are different than us in what may seem like every single way but they are the same. I believe in them, the one’s who are segregated, discriminated, and hunted all across this world. I believe that a child is a child and a human is a human regardless of what ethnicity, race, gender, or religion they may be. And I believe they are all worth saving. This I believe.