Nicholas - Manvel, Texas

I believe that if you give situation or things time, then they will get better.

I live in an economy that’s in a recession. There are talks about programs that must open up to help restore this economy to the way new immigrants, back in the day, claimed, “America is a nation, where the streets are paved with gold.” The real thing with this recession is we must let it take its own course, and by making different programs there are certain odds that will lead the economy into a marriage vow “for better or for worse”. I feel that if the economy took its own course then this nation might be better off than it would be if the nation was restored by different programs, and it would be an ethical and moral thing to do.

During the American Revolution, most of the battles George Washington had fought he had lost. After viewing these losses, he didn’t give up and go home like a coward would probably do. He waited until he could find a victory that would be feasible to attain, and that victory was the Battle at Trenton, New Jersey on December 26, 1776. After the battle, he saw a patriotism atmosphere among his troops, and this would lead to the victories at Saratoga and Yorktown. He found out by giving things time, he might just win the war for America’s Independence.

I go to school, and there are some days that I feel that my life and existence are just crumbling down by the grades I make or decisions I make. Not to mention the stress of homework that is given to me on a regular daily basis. In my marching band season, I would usually have to stay up until one or two o’clock in the morning doing homework, and everyday I prayed and thought it was going to get easier someday, and my homework load might not be as bad as it is. After marching band ended, the homework and the stress of school loosened, it boosted my self esteem, and now I’m ready to go for any situation that might cross my path.

My mother came up with a new proverb or sound byte because she saw how much I was struggling. She said, “If you can’t change the situation, then you can change your attitude about the situation.” She makes me use this for future situations. From then on, I looked at bad situations, and somehow I make a three sixty degree turn on them by giving them time, patience, and a new attitude.

I see people who think that there are some things like relationships, contests, and other miscellaneous things that are the end of the world to them if things don’t go their way. If they would just see tomorrow is just another day like I do, then people would actually be a lot happier now than ever if the knew this.