I believe practice makes permanent

Sang Min - Faribault, Minnesota

I believe practice makes permanent

I believe practice does not make perfect but rather most of the time, makes permanent. I have experienced this constantly throughout my life time. I often see people who practice or try so hard but fail to succeed. That happens when they have been doing it for ever and ever but in the wrong way. This case often overruns the cliché practice makes perfect. For me, when I was a little kid, I was taught how to write with pens. However, I did it the wrong way, but no one really caught the error and noticed me of it. While, others support the pen with their middle finger, I support it with the fourth finger. And I still do. I have tried so many times to fix it, but I was so used to the old way that it was always awkward. I believe I will hold my pen like this for the rest of my life. Although, I have absolutely no problem with writing improperly or having a slow writing, it gives bad impressions on others. Thus, we must always confirm the right way in doing things. Always looking back and seeking others’ help or advice is the key to this goal. Wrong ideas or thoughts are not an exception. At worst cases, wrong permanent habits may make socializing a very hard thing to do for you. At times, you must lose your pride and admit your wrong doings.