Football and Life

Corey - waterville, Iowa
Themes: sports, work
  • Listen to This I Believe on RadioPublic

Long before I was born the ‘85 Bears won the Super bowl.

The ‘ 85 Bears were my dad’s favorite team. So, when I was old enough to under stand anything about football, my dad started to preach about how good they were. That was when I knew I wanted to be a pro football player. That is what drives me to be good in school and at home and to play more sports to get better at football. Now I play football and I’m pretty good at Defensive-line and Offensive-line.

How does this affect my life? Well, every since I started football, I have been able to do better in school and I have been able to act better at home. The lesson I learned was that life can be good to you but only if you try. Ever since third grade I never really tried very hard to get good grades. I also never really cared how I acted and how I looked. This change was mostly because my dad said that I would never be able to go to the NFL if I didn’t shape up. Now I try really hard to be good in school.

I would like to say that if it weren’t for football I probably would be slacking off and messing around in class. I probably would be a slob and would not lift weights. As you can see, football is very important to me. It makes me feel like I can do anything, and I do want to be able to do anything so I really like football. I also learned that the best thing for me is exercise and to be able to get good grades. I learned that football is a fun sport to play for people like me.

This knowledge made me able to play with others I’ve been able to have fun at home because I used to fight with my siblings and mother. I believe the best thing that ever happened to me was my dad saying that if I didn’t shape up I would never go to the NFL.