True Independence

Kirk - Lemon Grove, California

I believe that you can not depend on anyone in the world we live in. As a child the government considers you a dependent. At the age of eighteen your parents can legally kick you out of the house, thus making you an independent. Without the necessary knowledge of how to be a successful independent it can be very hard to live and manage with the everyday tasks of normal independent adults.

I am learning to become independent of my parents because I feel that that they do not have enough care to keep me as a dependent member of the family. They treat me differently then the rest of the family and it is very biased in our household. I keep myself out of the house as long as possible just so that I can grasp my independence and learn the lesson that must be learned by everyone as fast as possible.

Independence is a source of success. You do not hear a person everyday saying they became successful because their parents told them what to do or how to do it. I always see the successful people working as hard as they can by themselves so that they can become what they want to be. The only way to achieve this goal is through independence. There are some cases where people are lucky and have a lot of money, a good background or know the right people which ultimately will lead them to success. However for the average Joe this is not the case. Thus I stress the importance of my belief.

I believe with independence comes everything else there after. It is the momentum starter once becoming fully independent, like pushing a big rock down a hill. The hill is your goal in life and the rock is the start of your independence and how effective it is. A little rock or a little hill will mean an unsuccessful momentum and effect in the long run. However with a big rock and a big hill it creates a noticeable effect.

Once one comes to the realization of this important transition in life (dependence to independence) then I believe this person will be more likely to succeed.

Word Count: 369