Government is Wrong

Joey - La Mesa, California
  • Listen to This I Believe on RadioPublic

I believe in God and Jesus. I believe that government is wrong. Most people would think these contradict each other but I can assure you they do not. In fact, I believe that the very idea of government is anti-Christian and the highest level of slavery.

The whole idea of salvation, if you believe in such, is a simple process. The rules are to be a good prson and to love God. Being a good person entails following God’s laws, the Ten Commandments, such as “Thou shall not steal.” and “Thou shall not murder.” However, God made these rules for us to choose to follow by our own choice, so that we can choose salvation by our own choice.

Government obliterates this system. Everyone has done something wrong in their life, and God sees us all as sinners. However, people can condemn people to prison or even death. Being forced to be a “good” person does not make you a good person, it makes you a law-abider. God wants us to follow his laws and get into heaven through our own choices. Government, besides the fact that it often contradicts both religion and morality, is a evil system of people controlling and punishing other people.

God is the only one that can truly judge people. A system of oppression is not fit to judge anyone. Anarchy, the state of a lack of government, is the only solution. People will kill and people will steal, but these people will be judged accordingly. The decentralized society would eventually reach an equilibrium where defense of self and family will dominate immoral and evil actions towards others. God says, “Thou shall not murder.” Self-defense, even if it results in death, is not murder. It is protecting a good person from being killed by a bad person.

Government is murder. Murder of individualism and freedom.