change

shelby - lamar, Colorado

One thing we know is that the world is forever changing. Weather that’s for good or for the worst I can’t really say. One thing I do know is that there was a time when the only way to live was righteously. Now during modern times it seems we have to search in all the small little cracks and spaces to find some good. We now live in a world where pornography and illicit material is acceptable. Our children have been desensitized by the latest technology, which was designed to better our race.

As our world continues to change, the people of the Earth change also. Throughout the history of time the human beings as a species have been becoming more advanced. We are smarter, stronger, and faster, we will live longer, and are more likely to survive than our predecessors of one hundred years ago. But, is this better that through our advancements we bring wars and poverty? I live in a world where our one strength is our only downfall. When I walk outside I breathe a mixture of pollutants which I call fresh air. This cocktail of chemicals that is a product of our success in industry. I see new commercials on the news about the rise of ocean levels due to global warming, and FDA approved chemicals that are now known to cause cancer. So I must not be the only one that notices the direction that we are headed. I would like to think that the world is advanced enough to change that path, but I have to wonder if it will be me, or my children, or my children’s children that are forced to clean up this mess, if clean up would even be possible.

This is an issue in my mind that I have to deal with everyday. I wonder what tomorrow will be like because it is as though the rate of change increases with everyday.

We can predict our future, remember our pasts, but never surly know what will come in the end. If I, or any one person can easily see the flaws of our ways; individually or as a species, than we surly possess the power to change our outcome. These corruptions in the world will probably not catch up with me in my life time, but surly with my descendants.

With all of this said there is only one thing for me to do, and that is try to live my life the best I can and not let these thoughts I have affect me. Life, death, and the end of the world are all inevitable. So there is nothing I can do individually to prevent that. Even though we must search for the good I’ve noticed that the ones who live