Blood is Thicker than Water

Michael - Dixon, Illinois

Blood is Thicker than Water

There are many people in the world today and every person has his or her own personal beliefs. Like everyone else, I also have my own beliefs. I have many different beliefs that I recognize but I would have to say that the most important personal belief that I have is that blood is thicker than water. What this means is that family and relations are more important, trustworthy, and dependable than any other people, even friends. I have this belief because of situations that happened in my life which encouraged me to have faith in this belief and made me want to follow it even more.

I remember a time when this happened to me when I was a lot younger. I got into trouble with the law. I was arrested and charged with something I didn’t do. I was with some friends and they had an illegal substance on them and we got pulled over. We got searched and from there we were taken to the police station.

I told them I didn’t know that they had anything on them. My friends never mentioned that I didn’t know anything, so I was charged with them. I had to call my father to come and pick me up from the police station. I felt so ashamed and embarrassed.

When my father finally arrived at the station he was brought into the room where I was being held. When he got into the room the first thing he said to me was that he knew I had nothing to do with what happened. I was so relieved that he trusted me and helped me out. In the end I got the charges dropped because my lawyer proved that I had nothing to do with what my friends and I got arrested for.

I can remember a time when another situation came up that was similar to the point of blood is thicker than water. It was when I was incarcerated for a stupid decision

that I had made a couple of years ago. I was going through a really rough time and I needed someone to be there for me through hard times. So I tried to contact my so-called friends and they never answered my phone calls or even one of my letters that I wrote to them. But the first letter I wrote to my family I got a reply in a few days. The friends that I hung out with every day and considered to be close to me wouldn’t do anything to help or support me in a time of need.

I realized a lot of things in my life and my belief that blood is thicker than water is shared by many other people and cultures. As I have proved that in my life, my family is very important. There isn’t a thing in the world that I wouldn’t do for them or them for me.