I believe Music is the Soundtrack of Life

A. - Napoleon, Ohio

I believe that music is the soundtrack of life. Since before I can remember, my life has revolved around music, whether it was banging wooden spoons on pots and pans, lip-syncing to old country songs, or playing my trumpet. My life has always revolved around music. I believe each person is a string, a mouthpiece, a bow, a reed, a pic, a tuning slide, or a conductor in the orchestra of life. I believe every sound contributes to a larger composition. The car horns tooting in New York during rush hour on a hot summer day. The lids slamming down on trash cans every morning. The faint cry of a baby waking up for breakfast.

I believe that I have a musical gift. I can play multiple wind instruments and percussion instruments and am very pleased that I can play and understand these beautiful sounds. Since I was 10 years old, I’ve been playing the trumpet. Whether is was competitively or just for fun, I’ve loved learning. Now I believe that I should use my gift and teach others all of the magical wonders about music! I believe every person should be taught to read music and play an instrument. I believe music should be taught in schools just as math, literature, or history because music is just as important as any other academic subject. I believe that if music had not been created, history class would be even more boring!

I believe that every person has a theme song whether they realize it or not. I believe murderers on death row have a bone-crushing opener. Then, the man on the sidewalk selling pretzels sings a melodic lullaby. The postman with the climaxing busy fugue. Lastly, the father shutting the front door, at the end of the day, with a big bang for the finale. I believe every soul sings a song. Each person has been through something different in his or her life, and I believe that their past alters the song their soul sings. A mother with a newborn baby sings a joyous melody. A student with an A+ on their test hums a blissful tune. A native chants a rain-calling hymn. A trumpeter toots the heavenly TAPS.

I believe music can sooth a person when they are in need of companionship. I believe that music is the remedy to all broken hearts and failed attempts. I believe that after every hardship and break-up each person, in one way or another, turns to music for comfort. I believe that even those who are not exceptionally excellent at singing should still belt out their favorite melody in front of the mirror with a hairbrush in hand!

Last but not least, I believe that because music has been around for so long, influenced so many lives, and ultimately changed history, that music will never die.