Alanya - Colorado Springs, Colorado

I believe music is my escape towards happiness. It started in elementary school; music was everything to me. I was involved in all music related events, such as plays, choir, band, etc … In middle school I became more serious about it; instead of being involved, I was leading in the plays. From that point, I started attending vocal lessons with the best teacher ever: Ms. Mary Runklecochrane. I knew once I began vocal lessons, music was all that I wanted to do when I grew up. Ms. Mary was the kind of person who is inspiring. She encouraged me to sing for people because she said I had so much potential. I started writing to expand my repertoire. I realized every time I would write, I would feel so happy. For those who don’t know what that feeling is, compare it, to say, yoga. When you find peace, it cleanses your mind. That’s exactly how I feel about writing the music. I would always ask myself: does music contribute to a healthier life? mentally, physically? I would think so, for me especially because whether I’m down or happy, there is always a song to write or listen to, to appeal to that emotion. It really comes straight from the heart. Music is the essential to a happy life; this I believe!