Life Is Music

Taylor - Gresham, Oregon
  • Listen to This I Believe on RadioPublic

Life Is Music

I believe that life is music. Music is all around us, daily, just not in the traditional way. Heartbreaks, tragedies, new life, success, miracles, and more, happen everywhere and create the lyrics to the music that is our lives. The songs being played now have many and more of these occurrences written within the lyrics. We are the artists creating beautiful music with our daily lives, our experiences. Each new day, a new song is being written, our expressions creating the beat and our moods, creating the tune, which turns our life into music.

The expression “music to my ears,” usually said when something goes over well or a familiar voice is heard, is not far off from my belief. With 365 days in a year, time flies by while we create a personal album that is shared around the world for only moments until we begin a journey to make a new album. From “oldies artists” we borrow the terms “50 greatest hits” and “50 worst hits” for our best and most terrible days, our songs. Happiness, sadness, anger, excitement, relief, etcetera, are all mixed into one beautiful song which creates an album that is life, my life, your life, all life, “music to my ears.”