Basketball

Mark - La Grange, Illinois
Themes: sports

Basketball

Basketball is one of the most fun and exciting sports I have ever played. It not only tests your physical abilities but also your focus and work ethic. I have been playing basketball for many years and starting to play was one of the best decisions I have ever made.

I believe in basketball because of the atmosphere around the game. It is a lot of fun and the team is a very close group of individuals. When you are on a good team everyone gets along well, this basketball season is a very good example of a team getting along very well together and succeeding. From the try outs to the practices to the conditioning to the games, our team has stuck together and it has paid off. I believe in basketball because to succeed you need a whole team of guys that are all on the same page. The guys on the team know when it is time to have fun and when it is time to get serious and get the job done. I believe in basketball because it requires so much focus. In a four month season it tends to drag on and on. To keep going you need to push yourself harder than you do at any other time in your life. Basketball is grueling and after some of the practices your whole body hurts and you never want to play again, but the next morning you get up, go to school, and prepare for another day of basketball. You might think that this sounds like no fun at all but I believe in basketball because it requires dedication. You have to want to be great because if you don’t then you won’t push yourself every day at practice, preparing for the big games at the end of the week.

Basketball is an amazing sport that requires you to work as a team, focus, and dedicate yourself to the game. It is a long and grueling season, but it is all worth it when the game is over and your team has won the game. That is what it is all about.