I Believe in the United States of America

Glen - Colorado Springs, Colorado

I believe in the first black US President. I also believe in a President from Texas. I am a member of the US Armed Forces and am proud to say I believe in my Commander-in-Chief. For 8 years I proudly listened to messages from President George W. Bush read to retiring military officers. Just last week, I heard the name “Barack Hussein Obama” read on a retirement certificate and letter for the first time. The pride and emotion I felt in those words cannot be measured. Please note, “I am an American fighting in our forces and guarding our way of life, I am prepared to give my life in their defense.” I TRULY believe that President Bush did right by both this country and our progeny. I also believe that President Obama will do right by both. There is so much potential. So much optimism. It simply boils down to this…will “We the People” ask “Not what our country can do for us, but rather, what we can do for our country?” Such a TREMENDOUS day to be from the land of the FREE and the home of the BRAVE!