Love of a Family

Alicia - Idaho Falls, Idaho

Love of a Family

“The love and bond of a family is the strongest bond alive, and it is hard to break.”-Unknown

Laughing, smiling, and telling jokes are what you would think of when people say they have a close family relationship. I have two older brothers, and I am the youngest and only girl in the family. I am extremely close with my brothers, and I couldn’t imagine being with out them. We have a fun loving relationship, but we express our love in a strange way.

My brothers and I tease each other, talk about each other, fight, laugh, and embarrass each other. Naturally me being the youngest child I got beat up more than anyone else. It was a very rare occasion that I could even hurt my brothers, but soon that would change.

My oldest brother Lee and I were arguing, and we started fighting. Of course he won and left me laying on the floor with bruises on my arms and revenge on my mind. As soon as Lee left, it was time to get my revenge. I took four of his favorite shirts and bleached all of them, then left them on his bed. When Lee came home and saw his shirts he was furious. I had never felt so proud and satisfied in my life. The feeling got even better because, he blamed my other brother Tony. I was ecstatic to see Lee go and trash Tony’s room, when really it should have been mine. Little did I know that this was going to start a war. When Tony saw his room he thought Lee and I were both in on it. So he had to retaliate. Tony trashed my room and cut up some of Lee’s shirts. This cycle repeated over and over for a week, like a broken record.

Eventually the war between Lee, Tony, and I did end. By the end of the week we were all laughing and playing games, as if nothing had ever happened between us. My parents were relieved to know that the fighting had stopped, but they knew it was only a matter of time before it started all over again. I have been asked many times how we all can live with each and still love each other. All I can say is that we have a crazy and fun relationship, and I wouldn’t change it for the world.