I believe in having no regrets

Bea - Altoona, Iowa
Themes: carpe diem

I believe in having no regrets

There have been times in my life where I have made mistakes and there will be more to come each and every day. I could wish that I had never made those mistakes, but the thing is I can’t take them back and I can’t change them. “Never regret. If it’s good, it’s wonderful; if it’s bad, it’s experience (Victoria Holt).” I believe in having no regrets.

I have had my fair share of mistakes, but I have always learned from them and made changes to make up for them. About six months ago, I broke up with my boyfriend of two years. What could have been my biggest regret turned into one of my biggest learning experiences. I know that I wasted my time trying to make him a better person when all along he wasn’t even the guy for me. In that two year time period, I spent so much time with him that I lost a lot of friends and made a lot of my family mad at me for not listening to them. My sister and I would fight all the time about him because she knew he wasn’t a good guy and she wanted me to be with someone better than him. I guess I was blind when it came to him, and I couldn’t see past my own feelings. I only did what I wanted to do, but I didn’t stop to think how other people felt. I lost my best friend because I wouldn’t make time to hang out with her because I was too caught up in my boyfriend. I stopped talking to a lot of my friends at school and I didn’t do anything without my boyfriend.

At first, I was really sad that our relationship had to end and I didn’t know how I was going to handle it. As more time has progressed, however, I am starting to see who I was before I started to date him. I feel much happier without him, and I have slowly gained more friends. My old best friend is a good friend of mine again and my sister and I get along better. My sister has become one of my best friends because she stuck with me even though she hated every minute of it, and now I also have a few other best friends.

I learned a lot from that experience and I grew as a person. I feel so much happier now, but I could never regret the time I had with my ex boyfriend. Even if I wanted to change what happened I will never be able to, so there really is no reason to regret it. I have a lot of good memories with him, even through all the bad times. I have changed as a person from this experience and if it had never happened, I wouldn’t be who I am now. I am a better friend, sister, and person. Through the rest of my life, I will make many mistakes, but I will not take back any of them.