Family

Amie - Des Moines, Iowa

“The bonds that keep family close are the same no matter where you are.” I believe family always comes first no matter what. I am really close to my family. Whenever I am with them I always have fun.

My mom and I have a great relationship; I always try to spend as much time with her as possible. I like shop, watch movies, and just sit around and talk about everything with her. I consider her my best friend; if I am not with my friends then I am with her. My mom is here to talk to me if I need anything or if I am just having a bad day.

I have a brother who is sixteen. He likes to play video games, but I am not really into that kind of stuff. Whenever I hang out with him, I like to vent about things, I know he listens when vents as well. I fight with him a lot, but I think there is a good brother and sister relationship between us.

I also have a sister who is twelve. My sister and I have a lot in common; but she loves to get on my nerves, and is really annoying. She looks up to me and I don’t mind that, she always want to hang out with my friends and I. I do know I can talk to her no matter what, even if she isn’t listening.

I don’t live with my dad and I hardly ever see or talk to him, since he lives an hour away. Every time I turn around it seems like I always fight with him, but I know he will always have my back, and listen to what I have to say.

I love my family and that is why I believe family always comes first. It doesn’t matter if they are an hour away, or I am fighting with them, they will always come first. I will always be here for them just like they are here for me. That is why I believe family comes first.