Live Your Life

Sara - Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
  • Listen to This I Believe on RadioPublic

A few years ago, my grandfather was diagnosed with prostate and colon cancer. He had to undergo several surgeries, and many weeks of radiation. Thankfully, the doctors were able to cure him of his cancer.

Just last January, my grandfather came across another roadblock. He had to have another very serious surgery, open heart surgery. Again, he fully recovered.

I did not tell you about these specific incidients for sympathy or anything like that. I did not tell you to make you feel bad. I told you because of something I strongly believe in. I believe that you should live your life like there is no tomorrow.

In my pap’s case, a tomorrow was never promised. His cancer could have taken him from us at anytime. But his life was not complete. He still had many years left on this earth. He is still here, living everyday like it is his last. My pap experienced a life threatening situation and could have lost everything and everyone he loved in a matter of seconds. Becasue of these experiences, my pap no longer takes life for granted; instead, he looks at it as a gift from god.

We never know what life has in store for us. Anything could happen. So we need to keep on living and loving the life we live. Life is so precious.

I believe I am not promised a tomorrow. There is always a chance it will never come. I believe I should live life like tomorrow isn’t going to come. In other words, live happy smile a lot, and dont regret a thing. Enjoy the life you were given.