Music

Ben - USA

Music is one thing that almost everyone has in common. Almost everybody has their type of music that gets them excited or relaxes them. There is a large amount of the world that plays or has attempted to play music. Playing music is one of the best things to do with your life. I have been playing piano since I was 7 years old and I started playing the guitar about 3 years ago. I have learned that music is not just a personal way of relaxing or getting excited; it is also a social way of communicating. I encounter and talk different kinds of people every day at school or at home. I can begin to talk about sports and people start to drift away from the conversation and become uninterested because it doesn’t apply to their life. However, music is one something that you can talk about with anybody. I have spent over a half hour at a time talking to strangers about music on breaks when I play in local bars. I have talked to people about everything from classical, to country, to jazz, to hip-hop, and rock. Everybody seems to have their own preferences. I think that music is very important in social and personal life. It is a common interest between people and it is something that people can use as a relaxing get-a-way.