the truth always comes out in the end

chelsea - newark, Ohio
Themes: integrity

I remember it like yesterday, my eight grade year the day spring break started. My mom and a group of her friends left for Florida, which left me staying with my grandma. My grandma had to work a lot as a bartender/waitress so I would stay with my friend Farren on nights she would work. When I would stay with her we would do typical things middle school girls do, talk about boys, paint nails, watch movies etc. Until one Saturday night when we got a phone call.

It was Farren’s boyfriend Jesse telling us to go to a party with him it, we asked who’s it was how we were to get there and everything. He replied it was his Brother Matt’s party for his birthday, so we agreed to go. I told my grandma I would be staying with Farren, and she told her mom she was staying at my grandma’s and we went on our way. It was a blast we thought we were cool hanging out with high school kids, and staying out all night. I was a little worried about how we would get home and if we would get caught. We ended up getting a ride back to the house and everything was good, the rest of the week went as planned.

Spring break was over now that meant school was back in and my mom came back form Florida. At the time it was anything to me, a few weeks later my mom came home from going out with a few friends. She told me we had to have a talk, I knew I was in trouble. She heard about the party and also that I was there, she asked me if it was true…I tried to deny it. That didn’t work because Matt’s mom is the one who told her so she knew for a fact. I became grounded and even longer for lying, I also wasn’t aloud to hand out with Farren anymore, it didn’t last to long though and till this day we are still friends. The moral of this story is you almost always get caught, and you shouldn’t lie because the truth always comes out in the end.