Hell in a Handbasket

Jonathan - Saint Peters, Missouri

All my life the issue of abortion has plagued this great country I call home. The scary statistic that when I was born about 1 in 4 children was aborted, that is scary to think that one child in the group of four that I am grouped into was not conceived into a family that was mature enough in their state of mind to accept the child or even if they didn’t need the child, as in the parents weren’t ready or were too young to have the child, put the child up for adoption. Now this year of 2009 which is supposed to bring “change”, already a bill that would legalize third trimester abortions is going through the process of becoming law if passed by congress. I agree with my mother’s statement if this bill passes that “this country is going to hell in a hand basket” simply for the fact that we are becoming a society of death rather than a society of life that models ourselves off of God’s image that all life is sacred and should be protected rather than destroyed. Every year I try to go to Washington D.C. for the Pro-life march which is in protest to Roe v. Wade, which started this mass murder. Again if we don’t do something to change this society of death and murder, this country will eventually “go to hell in a hand basket.”