This I Belive

Ryan - St. Charles, Missouri

To some people money, where you live, and what kind of job are important. To me none of these things are important. They make your life easier and they are benefits that not everyone has. This is what is important to me: God, family, friends, and belief in myself.

I have strong belief in God and this belief began with my parents. I know that God has given me all the blessings and the challenges in my life. Every time I overcome a challenge I learn something new about myself, some new talent or some strength I didn’t know I had. One of the reasons that I choose CBC is because I wanted to be in a Christian environment where I could talk, learn, and develop a stronger relationship with God. God doesn’t cause any of the bad things that happen in life, but he does give me the strength to work through them.

My family is important to me because each and every one of them is there for me, supporting me, and helping me to become the best man I can be. Even though sometimes I disagree with my parents, I know they want only the best for me. They don’t care what kind of job I had or where I live as long as I am happy and doing what I want to do. My brother Kyle who is five years older than me has been not only a brother but my best friend. He has believed in me and pushed me to try as hard as I can even when I didn’t think I could do it. I know that my family will love me and support me know matter what happens in my life. My brother Kyle is my hero I look up to him in every aspect of life.

My friends are important to me because they are like my second family. They are the same age as me and it’s like having a group of brothers who are all the same age. They support me and encourage me to be the best I can be and they are always there for me no matter what. Another reason my friends are important is because sometimes I feel weird and I can tell my friends instead who give me good advice.

Throughout my eighteen of life I have found many challenges. Some of these challenges are in the classroom. I have learned that if I believe in myself and work really hard that I can be successful in any academic area. Some classes are easier for me than others, but I have learned a lot about myself from the classes that were the hardest.

This is what I believe in and is a big part of my life is. I know these might not be some peoples but these are mine.