Success

Tekarra - 75035, Texas
  • Listen to This I Believe on RadioPublic

I believe in finding success by your own means. It is necessary in life to discover what you need to feel accomplished at the end of your life, to find your true happiness. As we grow each day into better human beings and functional members of society, we are constantly being pulled in different directions with expectations of how we should act, feel, and who we should become. Generally, as our youth begins to face the pressure, society puts images of “perfection”, “success” and “true happiness” into our minds. We see “The fabulous Life Of…” famous people with millions of dollars which are continuously being poured onto payments of the new Rolls Royce or the 5 million dollar beach front home. We begin to think if we have money that’s what it will grant us, and in that we will achieve real happiness. As a result we strive to get through college to get a degree that will get us the better job. We begin to think that we have to go to college to get the right amount of money. Finally we are filled with overwhelming stress to become as successful as we can, to have money and to be accepted by society. When it’s all said and done, we are left with the chains of debt from student loans, a mediocre house and car, and a bottle of pills to mask our bottomless depression. This kind of life is unsatisfactory, a life I do not intend to take. The material foundations of the society we live in are not what I seek. I seek happiness. It doesn’t matter to have a huge house and the big screen TV. Success is having food to eat, a roof over my head, and a good book to read. Success will be raising a child with good values, who will find his own success and achieve it.