I Believe in Picture Perfect Moments

Giancarlo - Rockllin, California

Some say a picture is worth a thousand words but I can’t describe how many times life is so perfect a picture can not capture the full intensity of the moment. But I can describe to you the kind of moments that come around when you need more then a picture the most.

I believe in picture perfect moments.

I live in a house with a family of 3 consisting of my 10 year old brother, my single dad and my teenage ways. Rarely do we get to have quality time together. Don’t get me wrong, its not that I don’t love hanging out with my family, its just the amount of activities around our house are pretty scarce, and really who wants to go see Wall-E every weekend at the movie theaters. Those everyday moments, not so picture perfect.

When I was 15 years old, on my 15th birthday, my dad took me and our 1950’s red and white boat up to Eagle Lake California for some good old fashion American fishing. The lake water was cold and the winds where fierce. Around 12:30 in the afternoon while trolling along the east banked hook of the lake my line snapped off the clip of the troll and a fight between fish and man began. I remember that water of the fish splashing on my face, the line pulling hard at my pole, and the look on my fathers face when the transformation from boy to man began.

Its times like those I with I had a camera. Not just a camera that can take visual pictures to store in a shoe box under your bed, but a camera that can capture the love, the joy, and the emotions on my fathers face in the sunshine of that lake.

Not many people these days appreciate and remember these moments in life. A lot of them are passed on by with out a second thought as to how special this event really was for them. So when these moments do come around, I look back onto the look of my fathers face with the cold wind blowing through his hair around the freezing waters and remember how long a picture perfect moment can last you.

This I believe.